Highly anticipated untethered jailbreaking tool for all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 6.0 to iOS 6.1, has been released by a group of hackers evad3rs consisting of @pimskeks, @planetbeing, @pod2g & @MuscleNerd. As promised, Evasi0n jailbreak works on all iOS 6.0 to iOS 6.1 devices including Iphone 4s, iphone 5, all ipads & ipod with a single exception of AppleTv 3G.
The devices covered by this Jailbreak are:
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad Mini
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 5G
- AppleTv 2G
Official Mirrors for Download
Step by Step Guide for Evasi0n Jailbreak
- Before using this jailbreaking tool, backup your iOS device using iTunes (or iCloud) just in case if something goes wrong.
- Disable device lock passcode (if any) of the device to avoid any issues while jailbreaking.
- Download the evasi0n tool (for Windows, Mac or Linux). Run the tool and plug in your device. Click on “Jailbreak” button and the tool will start working. You need not to do anything else or touch the device till it is finished.
- In between, it may ask you to slide the device lock (the message will flash) and you should do that when asked by the tool.
- The device will reboot few times during the process.
- After jailbreak is finished successfully, you will see Cydia App installed on your device.
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
We jailbreaked our iPad 2 running iOS 6.1 within an hour after the tool was released. What about you? Share your feedback in the comments.