If you are one of the Nokia Lumia smartphone user with Windows Phone 8, here is some pretty good news for you. Nokia is rolling out a big update known as Black software update to Lumia WP8 owners worldwide which comes with loads of new features, bug fixes and other improvements. The devices that are supported by this Black software update are listed below.
The devices that will be receiving this Black update are:
- Lumia 1020
- Lumia 925
- Lumia 920
- Lumia 820
- Lumia 720
- Lumia 625
- Lumia 620
- Lumia 520
New features included in this update
- App Folder:- personalize and organize by grouping similar apps and setting into a single folder or a tile on the Start screen.
- Nokia Glance screen: -keep track of information in real-time and juggle with various notifications settings for phone, messages, email, outlook, calendar and any other supported apps (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp).
- Bluetooth LE (Low Energy):- connect various compatible gadgets such as the Adidas MiCoach accessories with any Lumia device powered by Windows Phone 8.
- Nokia Refocus:- Available only on Lumia smartphones with at least 1GB of RAM. It allows you to capture a picture first and choose what exactly you want in focus later.
- Nokia Beamer:- Available only on Lumia smartphones with at least 1GB of RAM. It allows users to beam documents, presentations, pictures and other HTML5 content by simply scanning a QR code on the screen.
- Nokia Storyteller:- already available on Lumia 1520 and 2520. It groups all photos by date and place, and works in close integration with interactive maps.
- Nokia Camera:- combines all the good features of Nokia Pro Camera and Smart Camera. Already available on the Lumia smartphone that pack PureView cameras.
- Other improvements and enhancements include
- safe driving mode,
- customized rings for each contact,
- ability to close apps within multitasking window as well as the option to lock screen rotation.
How to update
At the moment, the update has begun rolling out only for Lumia 1020 and Lumia 925 smartphones, with other models in the range following in the coming weeks.
You can check manually if the update is available for your device or not by navigating to Settings -> Phone update. If it is available, you’ll be able to download and install it.
Source: Nokia Conversations