DVD Drive not showing up in Windows 8? Here’s a fix
I recently installed Windows 8 Pro on my computer and everything was working fine until I had to write something on to a DVD and to my surprise found there was no DVD drive in the Windows Explorer or the Device Manager. I knew the drive was working fine, because I had installed Windows 8 from a bootable DVD.
A quick google search proved that I wasn’t alone in facing this issue. And a simple fix was available too.
Here’s what you need to do :
- Right click on the Start Tile and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Type the following in the command prompt window:
reg.exe add “HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0” /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
- Make sure you type it as given above, including the quotation marks.
- Press Enter and reboot the computer.
- Right click on the Start Tile and select File Explorer and check whether the DVD drive is recognised by Windows 8
If this helped you, please let us know by dropping a comment below.